Second Chance Recovery
House of Jeremiah and House of Esther was established in 1993 and continues to grow. As well as the spiritual foundation Services will include: transitional housing; employment and job creation; health and wellness outreach; spiritual advice and advocacy; family reunification. Educational and holistic programs we also focus on:
- Improving discharge planning for people who are exiting incarceration and addicted to reduce their chances of cycling again through the criminal justice system and other systems of care.
- Equip participants with renewed faith, scriptural counsel, and new behavioral thinking to make good decisions for themselves and their families.
- Assist those being released from incarceration to successful reintegration in order that they will be a productive part of changing their communities for the better.
- Provide a thorough assessment of the clients’ dreams and goals.
- Develop an individualized service plan in order to carry out those goals.
- Establish a relationship of trust and advocacy.
- Follow through to help the individuals we serve to find a stable home where they can thrive in a crime-free and supportive environment.
Many of these individuals upon release will have nowhere to go and very little in the way of new skills or rehabilitation. Now more than ever before it is imperative that we expand the work we are doing with our Recovery Homes in Southern California.